zondag 19 augustus 2007

Belangrijke les!

Quote uit "Burton on Burton", de autobio van Tim Burton:

I remember going through art school, and you've got to take life drawing, and it was a real struggle. Instead of encouraging you to express yourself to draw like you did when you were a child, they start going by the rules of society. They say , "No. No. You can't draw like this. You have to draw like this."

And I remember one day I was so frustrated - because I love drawing, but actually I'm not that good at it. But one day something clicked in my brain. I was sitting sketching and I thought, "Fuck it, I don't care if I can draw or not. I like doing it."

And I swear to God, from one second to the next I had freedom which I hadn't had before. From that point on, I didn't care if I couldn't make the human form look like the human form. I didn't care if people liked it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten